I just want a serial killer to love me is that too much to ask
I just want a serial killer to love me is that too much to ask
|Are you religious?|
Not really. I consider myself a Deist, in that I believe that the universe was created as a consequence of a conscious decision of someone (or someones), but beyond that I really don’t know. Other than the universe being created, I don’t really have any opinion one way or another.
I do, of course, imagine what God would be like (assuming there’s only one), but it’s nothing I have a deep rooted belief in. I like to think that God would be a nonbinary individual, because it seems kind of silly to impose gender on an omnipotent celestial being. As to their nature, I go back and forth between wondering if they’re kind or indifferent. I think if you go to all the trouble of creating a universe and the laws that govern it (Physics), you have to at least put some sort of love into your work. But I also think they might be indifferent because I don’t really see a whole lot of evidence for God’s existence other than the universe itself, so they could very well be absent. It honestly sort of just depends on my mood.
I outright don’t believe in any form of angry God that would send people to Hell. That’s the biggest reason why I fell away from Christianity. Even at the height of my more religious times, I was deeply concerned with the idea that God could send people to Hell for not believing in them. If it turns out that that God exists, then I would be perfectly happy going to Hell because that God would be an asshole who I’d never want to be on the same plane of existence as. I do like to think there’s more after we die, I just don’t know whether or not God plays any role in it at all. Could be a completely independent process.
Other than ultra-fundamentalist religions, I can usually find something beautiful in each religion I encounter. I may not believe them, but I can appreciate certain parts of them. I would never knowingly insult someone’s religion (which I apologize if I’ve done already), because even if it’s not important to me, religion can provide strength to a lot of people, and it would be awful to take that from them.
I think that basically covers my thoughts on religion. Sorry if this answer was way longer than you were hoping for haha. With a big question like that, a big answer was necessary.
Also, if anyone who knows something about religion can tell me, based on my description of what I believe, what a better classification for my beliefs would be? I kind of picked Deist because it seemed pretty close, but I never bothered to actually read into it in depth at all. I’ve been told that Agnostic Theist might also be a good descriptor because basically all my beliefs are evidence-based and not faith-based. It’s never really been important enough to me to warrant more research though. So if anyone more educated than I am on the subject could give me an answer, that’d be cool.
.@Stoya can’t give talks in high schools, because she makes porn films. If she could, here’s what she’d say about respecting other people’s boundaries during sex.
A person’s first condom, strap-on, or lacy thong doesn’t come with a pamphlet explaining active consent. Tampon companies don’t print statements on the back of their boxes encouraging teenagers to express their desires and ask for the desires of their sexual partners. Someone should do something about this. It would be extremely inappropriate for me to march into high schools and begin expounding upon communication, respecting other people’s limits, and taking responsibility for expressing your own. What I can do is expound upon some basic guidelines on the internet and hope the core concepts trickle down.
So, here they are:
1. Ask the people you will be having sex with what their preferences and limits are. This fosters active consent and encourages communication.
2. In order for a sexual partner to be able to give you what you want, you have to tell them what your desires are. A sexual partner can’t respect your limits if you don’t express them.
3. It is completely OK to retract your consent during a sex act. You can say that something is more intense than you thought it would be and you are no longer OK with it. If you do not speak up your partner(s) have no guaranteed way of knowing that you are unhappy or uncomfortable.
4. If a sexual partner says something hurts, uses a “safe word” or other signal to communicate that they want the sexual interaction to stop, or just looks unhappy, freaked out, or generally not OK, you need to stop what you’re doing and check in with them.
5. If your partner(s) are drunk or high, their ability to consent is questionable. If they’ve previously expressed distaste for anal sex and are slurring “Fuck my asshole” you should politely decline and bring the subject up later when they’re sober. This applies to any sexual act that you have not previously engaged in with this person.
6. As a general rule, don’t penetrate an orifice, pee, vomit, or bleed on someone, or slap them around without discussing the act first.
7. If your sexual partner(s) express a limit or ask for something to stop and you do not respect it, you are stepping onto a scale that ranges from “jerk” to “full-on rapist”. Personally, I don’t want to be on that scale at all, and I don’t want to engage in sexual activity with anyone who does hang out on that scale.
8. If one of your sexual partners steps on to the jerk-to-full-on rapist scale, call them out on it. You have the right to end the sexual activity you are engaged in and to decline sexual activity with them in the future. There you are. If any condom companies want to use those bits on their wrappers, hit me up.
Originally published in: New Statesman.
To read the entire article, CLICK below:
Follow Stoya on Tumblr: http://stoya.tumblr.com
Follow Stoya on Instagram: http://instagram.com/stoya
Fuck I love her
Not too long ago I had someone laughing at me for asking so many questions and stuff and they said they appreciated it but it was strange to them. I felt bad just because it was very obvious that no one ever took her safety/pleasure into consideration.
What fucks me up about the Darren Wilson fundraiser is that he hasn’t been charged with a crime. He doesn’t have to hire a lawyer. He’s on paid leave, so he’s not losing wages. This is not covering his expenses, because he doesn’t have any additional expenses. This is a reward. He’s getting a $250,000 reward for murdering an unarmed black kid.
HE HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL. MIKE REACHED FOR HIS GUN. HIS FRIEND THAT WAS WITH HIM EVEN ADMITTED THAT HE LIED ABOUT THE COP JUST RANDOMLY SHOOTING HIM AND CONFIRMED THAT THEY ROBBED THE STORE. SELF DEFESE.
None of this is true. This is how good the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign has been. Not one sentence here is accurate. Let’s break this down:
- "HE HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL." Michael Brown’s autopsy showed no sign of struggle.The picture of the CT scan that’s being passed around to show that Wilson had an orbital blowout fracture is actually from 2008 from the University of Iowa, and a right-wing pundit photoshopped out the date and hospital info.
- "MIKE REACHED FOR HIS GUN." Officer Wilson’s story is that the first shot that went off was an accidental discharge while they were fighting over the gun. However. there was no gunpowder residue on Mike Brown, meaning that he was absolutely not holding the gun when it went off and furthermore that he was not even that close. He was fired on from a distance.
- "HIS FRIEND THAT WAS WITH HIM EVEN ADMITTED THAT HE LIED ABOUT THE COP JUST RANDOMLY SHOOTING HIM AND CONFIRMED THAT THEY ROBBED THE STORE." This is actually a compound lie, which is kind of impressive. His friend, Dorian Johnson, did not say that. His lawyer said they were together in the convenience store, the police said there was a robbery, and the media put those two statements next to each other to imply a statement was made that never was. Johnson isn’t being charged with anything because the Ferguson PD “determined he committed no crime." The Ferguson PD also admitted Officer Wilson didn’t know about the scuffle at the convenience store before he stopped Brown and Johnson. You may be wondering why I say scuffle instead of robbery. That’s because there wasn’t one: the owners of the store didn’t call the police and video shows Brown paying for the cigarillos! The clerk confronted Brown about reaching across the counter instead of waiting for him to hand over the cigarillos, he put his hand on Brown, and Brown pushed him. Yes, he pushed him too hard, but the clerk apparently didn’t care enough to call the police. The police were called by another customer in the store, who apparently didn’t know what was actually happening.
- "SELF DEFESE." The autopsy shows that he was shot on the inside of his arm, meaning his hands were up, and the top of his head, meaning that, since Brown was 6’4”, either he was on his knees or the officer was 8’ tall. The officer was not 8’ tall.
The evidence clearly shows that Officer Wilson, who had no idea of the not-actually-a-robbery, executed the unarmed Mike Brown while he was on his knees with his hands in the air. Just like all of the eyewitnesses said (except for “Josie,” who turned out not to be real).
But the Ferguson PD’s already tainted public opinion. They’ve spread so many lies so effectively that no amount of evidence will bring justice. Your ignorance here is proof of just how effective it’s been.